Kyle Smith took a dominant win in the second Quattro Group British Supersport race, taking the flag by 6.9s. With the riders facing a wet Thruxton circuit at the start of the race, it was Lee Johnston who grabbed the holeshot, but the Dynavolt Triumph of Smith had soon found a way through just a few corners latter.
Pulling away at the front, Smith had Ben Currie in close contention for much of the race, with the duo trading places throughout the opening two thirds. However, a string of fast laps saw him able to edge away from Currie, holding on to take his second win of the season.
The GP2 machine of Charlie Nesbitt took the chequered flag, third on track, but it was Jack Kennedy who was able to bounce back from his DNF yesterday to complete the Supersport podium and retake the series lead. Joining Nesbitt on the GP2 podium was Mason Law and Jack Scott.
Quattro Group British Supersport Championship, Thruxton, Feature Race
1. Kyle Smith (Dynavolt Triumph)
2. Ben Currie (Gearlink Kawasaki) +6.935s
3. Charlie Nesbitt (RS Racing / Kovara Projects) +17.174s
4. Jack Kennedy (HEL Performance/Bournemouth Kawasaki) +20.170s
5. Brandon Paasch (Dynavolt Triumph) +33.550s
Quattro Group British Supersport Championship Standings
1. Jack Kennedy (HEL Performance/Bournemouth Kawasaki) 142
2. Bradley Perie (Appleyard Macadam Yamaha) 138
3. Kyle Smith (Dynavolt Triumph) 114
4. Ben Currie (Gearlink Kawasaki) 107
5. Lee Johnston (Ashcourt Racing Yamaha) 106