Jason O'Halloran was back at the top of the times in the Bennetts British Superbike Championship warm up session from Thruxton this morning, holding a 0.556s advantage over his closest rival Lee Jackson ahead of race two.
O’Halloran set the benchmark early on and it couldn’t be matched, whilst Jackson and Danny Buchan moved into the top three in the final minutes in the dry session.
Tarran Mackenzie moved up to fourth in the closing stages, nudging Danny Kent into fifth for the Buildbase Suzuki team.
Peter Hickman completed the top six with Kyle Ryde and Bradley Ray holding seventh and eighth respectively for the Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW team.
Gino Rea and Christian Iddon completed the top ten ahead of today’s two races.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Thruxton, warm up result:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 1m:14.871s
2. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +0.556s
3. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.606s
4. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.626s
5. Danny Kent (Buildbase Suzuki) +0.703s
6. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.706s
7. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.810s
8. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +1.042s
9. Gino Rea (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.130s
10. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +1.191s